US 285 and us 62/180 over dark canyon
Project Location: Carlsbad, NM
Design Completion Date: 08/2001
Existing concrete slab bridge with concrete pier caps and abutment seats bearing on pipe piles.
replaced bridge deck and barrier railings,
repaired concrete at pier caps, abutment seats, and wingwalls,
- constructed new approach slab
- Fourteen 33’-4” long spans for an overall bridge length of 465’.
- Excellence in Engineering Design, Honorable Mention Award, Given by the NMSH&TD in 2003.
- Bridge width of 82’ for four lanes of traffic, inside and outside shoulders, and sidewalks.
- Continuous for HS-20 live loading.
- Two deck units designed over seven spans each.